Thursday, November 17, 2011

the follow-up

Yesterday's post was, well, a long time coming.

It also wasn't nearly as long as it could've been.  But I learned a couple of things.

One, I really dislike the way my formerly oldest sister behaved most of the time and two, I really like the font I chose for the repost of the e-mail I had sent her.  So going forward, I'm going to use it and see how it works.

I could've written more and if my sister had actually had the guts to respond to my e-mail, I probably would've had enough material to fill up a small book.  But there has been no response and it's not likely there will be.  She'll probably go on Facebook and Google+ to complain about how inconsiderate and rude I am, and that's fine.  She wants to continue to elicit sympathy from her friends, then she's more than welcome to.

Me?  I didn't write the blog to garner sympathy.  I didn't write it to intentionally disgrace her.  Okay, so maybe that last part isn't entirely true, but I'm also at the point where it no longer matters to me.  Her opinion is about as worthwhile as my dad's, and those who have known me a long time know how little I care for that man or what he thinks.

It's still a sad case and I still wish that my mom and Teresa didn't have to endure it, but sometimes you have to go through something like that to move forward in life and now I think they can.  They no longer have to worry about taking care of Lori and her many, many needs.  No one wants anything to go down the way it does, but Lori didn't give my mom a choice and my mom did what had to be done.

Now hopefully everyone can move on and not think about it anymore.  My mom can concentrate on trying to get things in order and just have Teresa and the kids to help take care of, something that's infinitely easier than trying to take care of Lori.

That's no joke.

In the end, life moves forward and there probably won't be much more mention of her in here unless she does something else that warrants me talking about it.  For now, she can live in her fantasy world where she's the goth queen and everyone loves her and whatever she wants she gets.  In the real world, the rest of us are trying to get by week to week and not fall too far behind.

Which is what I'm going to concentrate on doing the next few weeks.  I went three weeks without being scheduled at CVS and I felt it.  You don't realize how much of a difference a couple days makes until you aren't working those days and the amount of money you're bringing home isn't what it was.  Luckily the last pay period included two 8-hour shifts and a holiday, the next will have at least 2 8-hour shifts and a holiday (and possibly a third 8-hour shift), I will be receiving my $50 rebate card from T-Mobile, so once I get through the next week or so, things should be square in terms of money.

Then I can concentrate on Christmas shopping a bit.  I need to get something for my mom, sister, her kids, Rachel, and Payton at least.

Time to start coming up with ideas and quick.

No comments: