Friday, December 15, 2017

Tales from the pharmacy - An introduction to the idea

I've entertained the idea of writing a bunch of stories from my years of working as a pharmacy technician for quite some time now. I haven't really figured out the best way to do this yet, but figured I'd at least give you all a warning that this is coming because I do intend on doing it.

I'm not sure yet if it'll be in this blog or if I'm going to do it separate, but I definitely have a lot of stories going back to my start in retail to current day. Many of them are funny stories, but there are a few serious stories and moments that changed my life in dramatic ways.

I also have to figure out how to deal with all the different people I've worked with. While many would likely be okay with their names being used, it would make far more sense to use fake names to avoid any complications in the future. Keeping the names straight would be a challenge, but probably be the best way to manage that aspect of things.

I will be attempting to tell most stories chronologically, although I admittedly can't guarantee this as many of the stories run together, particularly in my earliest days as we're talking over 20 years of stories at this point in time and there's a strong chance I will randomly remember previously forgotten stories.

This is where former coworkers can come to my aid. I am friends with quite a few that could potentially add details and/or stories that I have previously forgotten, so if there's something you want to see mentioned, you should absolutely send me a message talking about the story and important details and such. I will try to keep the titles in a format that makes the posts easy to find if you're skimming my blog, particularly since my YouTube uploads always end up being posted as part of the blog.

I will be attempting to come up with a solid introduction here in the coming weeks which will be followed up by the earliest memory I have of working, which will be my first day way back on September 1st, 1997.

This is an idea I've floated in my head  several different times over, not just because I have some great stories, but also because I think the pharmacy is greatly misunderstood by the general public, so the hope is those who don't work in a pharmacy will have a better understanding of what it has been like going back nearly 20 years.

I hope to keep up with this and if I do, hope you enjoy the stories. Again, if you've worked with me and have something to contribute, let me know. The more stories, the better.

That's all for now. Stay tuned...

No comments: