Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Warrior Dash update #1

After getting home and talking to Rachel about what I was doing, we went on the website and I have a little more information.

Keep in mind this information is subject to change, so don't take any of this as being set in stone, but it's accurate as of right now.

First off, I'm not sure if the course map is accurate since it still says in the corner "coming soon," but there is a layout available when you click on "Ohio II."  The obstacles are placed over a 5k course.

The first obstacle is called "Hay Fever" and requires climbing over stacks of hay.  The second obstacle is called "Barricade Breakdown" and it requires you to climb over and under barricades.  The third obstacle is called "Arachnophobia," which needs to weave through tangled ropes.  The fourth obstacle is "Slithering Swamp," which is just what it sounds like. You get to traverse through murky water.  The fifth obstacle is called "Rubber Ricochet," which is a rubber jungle you have to get through.  The sixth obstacle is called "Great Warrior Wall," which will probably require the assistance of others running the course.  The seventh obstacle is called "Teetering Traverse," which is another obstacle that will probably kill me.  The eight obstacle is called "Cargo Climb," which is climbing up over cargo nets.  The ninth obstacle is called "Blackout," which requires you to maneuver through a pitch-black environment.  This means I'll be facing my claustrophobia fear head-on.  The last obstacled is "Mud Mayhem," which is crawling through a lot of mud.

The other piece of information I wanted to outline was the donation levels.  I'll be raising money for St. Jude, and depending on how much money I raise determines what I earn the day of the event.  As before, this is based off of information based on the website, so it's subject to change.

$100 - St. Jude Tube Bandana
$250 - Free food and drinks, private showers and bathrooms, and private bag check.
$500 - St. Jude Bag
$1,000 - Sports headphones

Additionally, if I'm able to collect 12 or more donations of $25, I'll be eligible for a trip for two to the 2013 Warrior Dash event in Australia.

In any case, I'm not raising money to win a prize, I'm donating because it's a good cause and this is the first time I'll be raising money for anything, so when I get the information I need, I hope anyone who can donate will donate something.

When I have more information, I'll pass it along both in the blog and on my facebook page.

No comments: