Saturday, August 25, 2012

Update to the course I'm taking on

When I originally wrote that I was taking part in the Warrior Dash, I had posted a blog listing some of the obstacles listed on the web site.  It didn't seem like it was the final version because it said that the course map was coming soon, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Well, I checked the site again yesterday and discovered that it wasn't the right list of obstacles and now have an updated list of the obstacles I'm going to be traversing through over the course of 3.12 miles.

 *Barricade Breakdown - In this I have to over the barricades and under barbed wired.

 *Rio Run - A run down a river.

 *Capsized Catamaran - The description says it all "swim, climb, stumble, swim"

 *Cliffhanger - I get to rapel!

 *Deadweight Drifter - Wading through waist deep water and over logs.

 *The Trenches - It says to stay low to crawl in the dirt and under the logs.

 *Chaotic Crossover - Crossing over tangled cargo nets.

 *Deadman's Drop - No description, but sounds fun

 *Leader's Ledge - A walk across a narrow ledge above water.

 *Horizontal Hike - Traversing over an arching obstruction.

 *Cargo Climb - More fun with cargo nets.

 *Warrior Roast - Hopping over flames

 *Muddy Mayhem - The final leg of the run through the mud under barbed wire.

Needless to say, I'm excited.  I hope that I do well and have a great story to tell in the days following the dash.

Finally, it's not too late to donate to St. Jude.  I've raised $500 so far, which is short of my goal, but so much better than I could've done if I just donated by myself.  Thanks to those who have donated, thanks to anyone who donates before the race starts, and everyone else?  Pray for me.

Just kidding, it should be fun.

See you after the dash!

No comments: