Monday, August 13, 2012

A mini update

It's been 11 days so I figured it was time to give a mini update on the Warrior Dash.

First and foremost, thanks to anyone who's donated.  Granted, all of the donations have been from coworkers at this point, but even so, the total so far is $205, which isn't too shabby.  $45 and I'll reach the second achievement level.  Just $795 from my overall goal with just under two weeks remaining.

Is it a little disappointing that no one from my Facebook (aside from coworkers) has donated?  Meh, I suppose, but I realize that most don't have money to throw around.  I'm hoping to get a few more donations by the time I race, but whatever I end up with is still going to be more than I would've donated myself, so it's already a victory as far as I'm concerned.

Tonight is another fitness class, which is so far helping me become more fit.  The idea is that in the next two weeks I can add a little endurance and make finishing the dash that much easier.  I figure the more I get a workout in, the better this experience will go.  It's helped that Rachel's been pushing me to keep up with things as well.

In any case, I'm less than two weeks away from running and still looking for donations.  I've been resisting mimicing a certain pop song when trying to persuade people to donate, but I may not have a choice but to unleash it upon the world.

Stay tuned for further updates and if you'd like to donate, please do so by going here.

Do it!

No comments: