Monday, October 3, 2011

And it begins

I've dabbled in the world of blogs in the past.

I was content using Facebook's note system for the longest time.  Before that, I used to write in a web site on a regular basis.

Now Facebook is going stupid and Google+ doesn't have a blog, so I've decided that I'm going to use this as a forum to vent about various things, at least the ones that aren't work-related (well, the stuff that could get me in trouble; I'll save work stuff for the anonymous blog I keep).

About the name of the blog...it's a reference to the old man jokes I get all the time from friends, and specifically, my girlfriend.

I admit, some days I feel old, but most days I don't.  And while 30 (almost 31) isn't exactly over the hill, when you're among the oldest of your friends, you hear about it occasionally.

So I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself here.  I'm not sure how often I'll be blogging since my internet is still off at home, but I'm figuring I'll be able to sneak in one every now and then.

Those coming to this from Facebook and Google+ will already know who I am, so no need to read all the following crap.  I'm Dave, I'm 30, I live in Willoughby Hills, I have a wonderful girlfriend named Rachel (who has an equally wonderful daughter named Payton), and I work 6 days a week generally.

I'm a smartass and can be opinionated, hence the need for a blog.

If you don't like what I say, that's fine.  If you feel the need to tell me you think differently of something I write about, go ahead.  If you feel the need to tell me my opinion is wrong, then keep on moving.

Generally, I'm a happy person.  I have my off days, but for the most part, I enjoy life and look forward to what's going to happen next.

If you want to know more, well, you'll just have to wait and see if I write about it, or find me on the sites mentioned earlier.

No comments: