Wednesday, October 5, 2011

catching on

Whenever I start a new blog, which isn't very often, it often takes me a while to get all the settings down the way I like them.

I'm also prone to changing how the blog looks several times over until I find something I like.

I can't help it.  I'm OCD about certain things.

For instance, when Rachel read my first entry, she noted that it had been posted after 1pm, when in actuallity, I had posted after 4pm.  This reminded me that I had forgotten to change the time zone setting in here, something I did when I started my work blog as well.

I'm someone who likes to tweak things overall though.

When I was writing in my web site (which can be found at http://www.oocities.org/wservo9; keep in mind I can't edit the site anymore), I used to change the background, the font, the layout, and the names of the pages quite regularly.  In fact, you can see how it evolved over the years if you read from start to finish.

When I began using Myspace, I used to change the blog settings all the time.

If I could in Facebook, I would have at least 3 times, but they won't even let you punctuate the damn thing anymore, so why bother trying?

Another thing I won't do is promise I'm going to write as much as I can because, well, I never do.  I usually write a lot initially, but then it tails off, so I'm not going to promise a damn thing this time.

One, I want to make sure I'm clear to write about a lot of things since much of my free time outside of work is spent with Rachel and Payton.  I don't want to put something up here that Rachel maybe wanted to keep between the two of us and end up upsetting her.  Two, I tend to forget stuff when I actually sit down to write, which right now is only at work until my internet is back up again.

In fact, the first month or so will probably be a lot of posts going back and remembering things that have happened up until this point, so if you know me really well, it'll end up being really boring at first.

Not that it will get very exciting in the future.  I'm not exactly known for excitement.

Oh well.  See how much I care?

No comments: